Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MojoMonday sketch & Card Samples

So, in my last post I suggested to check out MojoMonday.blogspot.com.


Each Monday, a new sketch is made available to help inspire us when making cards. They also have contests based on the sketch. So fun!
Here is the sketch for this week:
I went ahead and made 2 cards based off the sketch. One is more fun and child-like and the other is more sophisticated and elegant. I made 2 samples to show you how different a card can be when working off a sketch. I had so much fun making these!


The "Wish Big" card is pretty much a replica of the sample - except I didn't have a circle punch large enough to replicate the half circles you see at the bottom of the strip so I improvised and used my Scallop Trim Border Punch. 


The "Happiness Always" card used some elements of the sample sketch but it isn't an exact replica. And that's the beauty of sketches - they are to inspire you.


Which one do you like best?


HAPPINESS ALWAYS

Paper Stock:
Daffodil Delight
Very Vanilla
Sunny Garden DSP


Stamp Set:
Happy Greetings


Ink:
Poppy Parade (loooove the colour!)


Accessories:
Big Shot
Fun Flowers Bigz Die
Decorative Label Punch
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

Scallop Trim Border Punch
Dimensionals
Basic Pearls










WISH BIG!
Paper Stock:
Whisper White
Real Red
Pacific Point
Celebration DSP


Stamp Set:
Word Play


Ink:
Pacific Point
Real Red


Accessories:
2 3/8" Scallop Punch
1 3/4" Circle Punch
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

Real Red Ribbon (retired)
Dimensionals










So, which one do you like best? I will upload the one with the most votes to the MojoMonday contest!

4 comments:

Marjolaine said...

Their both winners! Sorry, I'm no help at all!

Canadianladybug said...

I love both of them but the Wish Big is more colorful. I really love it and it can be flexible for both boy or girl... or man/woman.

The first one is more feminine. I like the fact that the 2nd one is more universal...

Lily said...

I like them both, but my vote is for number 1!

Chanda said...

I just love the Wish Big card! It's so colorful and fun! I'm your newest follower from Stampin Connection! I'm #1 on List A. Stop on by sometime!

chanda stehlik
www.onecraftymommy.com
www.sonotbetty.com