We had a smaller group this past Friday for Technique Night but oh the fun we had learning about the QUILTING technique!! Simply bring your elements together and run through the Big Shot using your favourite embossing folder. That's it!! For these particular cards, I thought the Square Lattice embossing folder was perfect. I love how the cards are very simplistic, yet the quilting element really adds a WOW factor.
As you can see each card has a different level of quilting:
1. A small section of the card was quilted
2. The full card front was quilted
3. One layer of the card was quilted
Love the versatility! What do you think about the cards we made?
Card Stock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Island Indigo (NEW!), Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze
Stamp Set: Flower Fest, Heard from the Heart
Tools: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Tips & Tricks:
1. To balance the card, cut 1/2" strip of Rich Razzleberry and apply to the bottom of the card. It pulls the colour of the middle Rich Razzleberry flower and give the card excellent balance.
Thank you with Flowers
Card Stock: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink
Stamp Set: For All You Do
Tools: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, 1 3/4" x 7/8" oval punch, 1 3/8" x 5/8" oval punch
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry ribbon
Tips & Tricks:
1. Stamp the top 3/4 of the Whisper White leaving the bottom 1/4" free for the sentiment. With so much detail in the quilting, you want to make sure your greeting stands out.
Going in Circles!
Card Stock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Just Add Cake DSP
Tools: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, 3/4" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch
Tips & Tricks
1. Whenever you 'quilt', always first adhere your elements that you intend to quilt. That way they will stay in place when you are running the piece through the Big Shot
So much fun! Do you want to join the Techniques Club? Contact me for details!