Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy I Do Day!



I loooove black and white cards! I added a splash of Cherry Cobbler to this since it is a "lovey dovey" card :) This card is based off this week's MojoMonday sketch.

I HIGHLY recommend MojoMonday if you have a hard time creating a card from scratch...like me. MojoMonday give you a template as a starting point which is great to get your creative juices flowing.

So -- how did I make this card, you ask? Read on...


Stamping with Rach Tips & Tricks
  • The finished size of this card is 5.5"L x 4.25"W -- a nice elegant size for an elegant card ;)
  • Since it's a wedding card, I added Vanilla Shimmer Smooch to the Whisper White layer which gives it a nice subtle shimmer (it's hard to see in the pic)
  • To give the card some depth, I ran the large heart and the black strip through the Big Shot using the Elegant Lines texured impressions embossing folder
  • to add more bling, put a rhinestone above the "o" in "do"

Must-have's to create this card: 
Stamp Set: Word Play (Clear: 120651, Wood: 120308)
Paper:  Whisper White(100730), Basic Black (121045), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Silver Glimmer (124005)
Ink:  Basic Black (100082)
Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewel (119246), Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119277), Dimensionals (104430), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch (118772)
Tools: Big Shot (113349), Full Heart punch (119883), Small Heart punch (117193)

This card literally took me 10 minutes to make -- from thinking about what stamp set to use to the finished product. Give it a try! Shop now to get the supplies you need to create this card!

*** CREATE TO BLESS ***

1 comment:

Carol Maynard said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!! Love the embossing over the large heart! Really a GREAT card!